Exercising doesn’t have to be hard or boring. In fact, when done in your hot tub, getting in a little physical activity is fun and much more relaxing than traditional fitness.
Hot tub exercises can provide you with a whole new approach to working out.
Let’s take a look at some of the most effective and fun ways to exercise in your hot tub.
Why Hot Tub Exercises?
Are you considering taking your exercise routine to the hot tub? Here are the top reasons why you absolutely should:
- Regular physical activity can help to boost and maintain your overall health.
- Ease stress and boost relaxation through regular movement and a boost in natural feel-good endorphins.
- Enjoy a low-impact approach to exercise and really enjoy the calorie burn.
- Engage in a more effective workout with help from the resistance of the water.
- Provide your body with the physical activity it needs, while also offering a place to warm up, cool down and relax.
These are only 5 reasons why we suggest hot tub exercises – there are so many more to consider!
Jogging is a phenomenal way to improve your fitness while burning calories. Now, thanks to your hot tub, you can eliminate all of the stress jogging puts on your joints.
Water jogging is not only safer, the resistance provided by the water means you’ll burn three extra calories a minute compared to land jogging.
To jog in your spa, simply stand in the center and run at your own pace.
This move is great for whittling away at your waistline and toning your abdominal muscles. In a sitting or standing position, hold your arms out in front of you, bent at the elbow so your fingertips are only a few inches apart. Tighten your stomach muscles and twist left and right.
An exercise that’s known for toning the thighs and glutes, squats are equal part cardio and equal part strength training. Begin with your feet planted firmly on the bottom of your hot tub, shoulder-width apart.
Bend your knees and push your hips back as if you were going to sit down on a chair and then stand up again. You can place your hands at your waist or lift them in front of you each time you squat.
Lower Abdominal Crunches
If you want a toned tummy, this is the best hot tub exercise for you. Sit facing the center of your spa, extending your legs in front of you.
With your hands on the spa seat, bring your knees into your chest, using your abdominal muscles. Hold and then push your legs back out, keeping them off the bottom of your spa with each repetition.
Standing with your feet flat on the floor of your spa, place your hands at your waist and slowly raise up onto your toes, lifting your heels off of the floor.
This works your calf muscles and stretches them at the same time. You can hold on to the edge of your hot tub if you need help balancing.
This may not sound hard, but the added resistance of the water really works your chest, biceps, triceps, and shoulders all at once. Hold your arms out from your sides and bring them in slowly, clapping your palms together.
This stretch is a perfect way to end your workout. Sit comfortably in your spa, roll your shoulders forward and back 15 times. Then switch and roll your shoulders backward.
These seven exercises are a great way to add some activity to your spa routine and will help strengthen and tone your body.
Legacy Hot Tubs
If you want to make your workout more relaxing, we can help. As one of the top hot tub dealers in Sarasota, Legacy Hot Tubs offers only the highest quality products.
Whether you’re on the hunt for a Jacuzzi® Hot Tub or a Vita Spas model, our experts can help you find the spa that’s perfect for your home. Come visit us at our showroom to see what we have in stock.
Enjoy Your Hot Tub Exercises Today!
Before you get started, we suggest taking a few steps to create a safe and enjoyable experience first!
- Speak with your doctor to ensure that hot tub exercise is right for you.
- Maintain the safety and enjoyment of your spa with regular maintenance and care (including cleaning your hot tub filters).
- Illuminate your spa and backyard space to ensure a safe environment.
- Eat a well-balanced diet and drink lots of water, before and after your workout!
- Warm-up and cool down with help from your hot tub and gentle stretches.